Learn the fundamentals of retail skills in six weeks of classroom curriculum and on-the-job training. Students who successfully complete the course gain retail and customer service competencies and industry certification from the National Retail Federation.
Class length, days and times vary by region. Contact your local Job Connection for specifics.
In this program, participants must attend orientation and successfully complete work readiness training to be able to proceed to on-the-job retail training. Participation in the course does not guarantee employment upon completion.
- Criminal background check
- Age 18 or older
- Lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to stand for long durations
- Negative drug screen
- Demonstrate appropriate math and reading Level(s) — TABE Test of Adult Basic Education or bronze-level or higher WorkKeys
- Work readiness training
- Digital skills and computer workshops
- On-the-job retail training
- Case management
- Job placement assistance
- Post-employment services
Goodwill Industries reserves the right to make the final selection on all students due to limited space in the training program.