Goodwill provides reentry career services for young adults ages 18-24. The LifeLaunch program is for those with past justice system involvement or who left high school without earning a diploma.
Contact your local Job Connection for specifics.
The program is designed to strengthen communities by helping participants become productive, contributing members of communities; gain long-term, financially sustaining employment; find sustainable housing; and address any potential substance use or mental health needs.
Employment training opportunities are facilitated by a local community college and focus on in-demand jobs in local industries. In South Carolina, training focuses on warehouse and storage, manufacturing, and repair and maintenance.
Scope of Services
- Career exploration activities
- Case management
- Assistance with linking participants to social services
- Job-preparatory services such as a registered apprenticeship, work-based learning or work experience
- Financial aid application assistance for post-secondary education
- Tuition assistance, where financial aid is not available
- Job placement services
- Legal services, such as record expungement, diversion, modifying child support arrears, or obtaining a state driver’s license
- Follow-up services